Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Only Boy Who Could Ever Reach Me Was The Son Of A Preacher Man

It's 2:30 in the morning, I can't sleep. Did I ever mention my husband is in seminary? And for any of you that aren't quite sure what that is, it's not a sperm bank. It is basicly school to be a preacher. So I am married to a man with aspirations to lead a church. ME. A soon-to-be PREACHER'S WIFE! Ha. That ought to get a few good laughs at the 10 year reunion. Needless to say I was not voted "most likely to marry a preacher" in high school. And if you're curious about the title of this blog, his dad is a preacher too. I knew about his calling into the ministry going into our marriage but have kinda innocently put it on the back burner. I mean, he's in school which doesn't technically make him a preacher yet and so technically I'm not a preacher's wife yet, right? Well, he graduates TODAY. And while I'm oh so proud of my preacher man, the reality has slapped me in the face like a hooker on the Jerry Springer Show. What does this mean? How do I continue to be genuinely me while honoring my husband's ministry? To be honest the task before me seems a little bit daunting from this angle. So, like many journies in life I'm expecting some tears, some laughs, some frustration and hopefully a lot of fun. *deep breath* Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment