Thursday, March 10, 2011

You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes

It's March which means I have a lot of catching up to do. The holidays were great - we actually had a white Christmas which I don't think I've ever seen before. It got rediculously cold. Me and the hubby moved out of our apartment and into Granny's house - not exactly our perfect plan but it was part of His perfect plan. God knew that particular move would pay off in ways we couldn't forsee just yet. The house is great, for the most part. There's a lot of home improvements to be done but nothing major - mostly painting and we need new carpet. We have no idea how long we'll be here but hopefully one day we can look for a house to call our own. Judah loves having a backyard to run around in and Lexi loves being so close to Nana and Papa - she tries to sneek off to their house every chance she gets. I finished the book "You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes" - it was very helpful and funny but I still struggle with the whole 'preacher's wife' label and all that it seems to imply to some people. My husband asked me to marry him because he fell in love with who I am not because he wanted to change me and I was me long before I became a 'preacher's wife'. I feel that the only responsibilities I have or role that I should be expected to play is the same as any woman who calls herself a Christian. I find it terribly annoying that some people expect me to act saintly and are surprised to find that I'm human and I make mistakes on a daily basis. OK, I think I got that out of my system - for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment